20th January 2015
Which? have recently begun a campaign to ‘Clean up dental costs‘ with the aim of ‘We want you to know your dental costs before treatment so you don’t pay more than you need to’.
It is very important to us that the information we provide for our patients in relation to their treatment is clear and easily understandable.
Which is why:
- We display our private price lists, along with information on the cost of treatment on the NHS in our practice and on our website www.queensway.co.uk
- Any patient requiring treatment will receive a written treatment plan, detailing the cost of the proposed treatment and a breakdown of any charges involved. We will clearly state in your treatment plan information regarding what treatment is private and what treatment can be carried out under the NHS.
- For patients taking up treatment privately we offer a range of payment options which include interest free credit, and monthly payment plans. Our treatment advisor Leanne, or patient care coordinator Julie, are available at the clinic to discuss any payment options with you.
It is our commitment to:
We aim to provide dental care of consistently good quality for all patients
- We only provide care that meets your needs and wishes
- We aim to make your treatment as comfortable and convenient as possible
- We will look after your general health and safety while receiving dental care
- We follow current guidelines on infection control
- We will check your mouth for cancer and tell you what we find
- We take part in continuing professional development to keep our skills and knowledge up-to-date
- We train all staff in practice-wide work systems and review training plans once a year
- We welcome feedback and deal promptly with any complaints
- Every member of the practice team is aware of the need to work safely under the General Dental Council’s guidelines
8th January 2015
Are you unhappy with your smile? Get the smile you have always wanted at Queensway Dental Clinic.
If you have any concerns with your teeth or would like to improve your smile, we would like to invite you to our practice open evening on Tuesday 27th January from 5.30pm-7.00pm.
The evening will be an excellent opportunity to discover the private dental treatments available at Queensway Dental Clinic, ranging from dental implants to tooth whitening,
Our dentists will be available for a one-to-one discussion, allowing you to gain more information about our services and explore how we can help. Our Treatment Advisor will also be at the evening and can advise on our flexible finance options.
If you would like to register to attend the evening, please complete the form below or alternatively call 01642 554667.
Thinking about braces? Queensway Orthodontics are also holding an open evening. Find out more by visiting their website.
23rd December 2014
We are open the following hours over the festive period
|Monday 22nd Dec 2014||9:00am – 5:30pm|
|Tuesday 23rd Dec 2014||9:00am – 5:30pm|
|Wednesday 24th Dec 2014||9:00am – 2:30pm|
|Christmas Day – Thursday 25th Dec 2014||CLOSED|
|Boxing Day – Friday 26th Dec 2014||CLOSED|
|Monday 29th Dec 2014||9:00am – 5:30pm|
|Tuesday 30th Dec 2014||9:00am – 5:30pm|
|New Year’s Eve – Wednesday 31st Dec 2014||9:00am – 2:30pm|
|New Year’s Day – Thursday 1st Jan 2015||CLOSED|
|Friday 2nd Jan 2015||9:00am – 5:30pm|
Patients requiring care or advice between the hours of 2.30pm – 5.30pm on Christmas Eve or New Year’s Eve please call 07703 196181.
OUT OF HOURS
If you have a serious dental problem and require urgent care or advice after 5:30pm Monday to Friday, on weekends or public holidays. Please call 111
From all of us at Queensway Dental Clinic, we wish you all the best for Christmas and the New Year.
23rd December 2014
On the 20th of December 2014 Per-Ingvar Brånemark sadly died after a period of illness. The surgeon that discovered osseointegration around 50 yrs ago in Sweden, and went on to establish ‘Branemark’ implants which is now ‘Nobel Biocare’, revolutionised dentistry and his loss has been sadly mourned by family, friends and colleagues around the world.
We work closely with Nobel Biocare, as the company that provide all of our implant products, and it is thanks to Per-Ingvar Brånemark and his work, that we are able to use only the implant systems and technology that have the best evidence base available.
You can read more about Per-Ingvar Brånemark here.
“Surround yourself with some of the best minds in your field, and you’re bound to succeed.” — Per-Ingvar Brånemark
14th November 2014
We were shocked to hear reports this week of an investigation in to a major cross-infection control incident at a dental practice in Nottingham. The incident has resulted in the recall of more than 22,000 patients and is believed to be the biggest in UK medical history.
News stories have reported that footage has emerged which shows a clear breech of infection control standards leaving patients to be deemed at risk of blood-borne viruses. The reports have also claimed that medical equipment at the practice was stored in the staff toilet and that the dentist involved failed to wash his hands and change gloves between patients.
In light of this we wanted to reassure our patients about our clinic standards at Queensway Dental Clinic and how we comply with all cross-infection regulations. Infection control is of prime importance in our practice. Every clinical member of staff receives training in all aspects of infection control, including the decontamination of equipment, as part of their induction programme and through regular update training.
At Queensway we also have:
- A dedicated decontamination room and a sterilisation team that are responsible for the decontamination of instruments and equipment
- An infection control audit that is carried out every 6 months
- A hand hygiene procedure that is followed before and after each patient visit
- Single use disposable items wherever possible
- Procedures in place to ensure all of our instruments are inspected for cleanliness before and other sterilisation
Evidence that Queensway meets the required standards for patient safety is highlighted through obtaining accreditations including BDA good practice and Denplan Excel. Following their most recent inspection at Queensway the Care Quality Commission (CQC) stated that we successfully met the national standards for quality and safety, with no action necessary.
We hope that this puts our patients minds at rest, however if there are any questions you would like to ask, please do not hesitate to get in touch and we will be more than happy to answer them for you.