For your peace of mind…how we comply with GDPR
The new General Date Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into place on Friday 25th May 2018.
At Queensway we respect the information that we hold on you and take the security of your information very seriously.
All of our patient’s personal information is kept confidential and we are committed to your privacy.
Here is a summary of how we adhere to GDPR. Our complete and updated policies can be viewed here:
- As a patient it is essential that we have a record of your personal details and medical history to enable us to provide your dental care
- We store your personal information securely on our practice computer system [and/or] in a manual filing system. Only staff members working at the practice have access to your information. They understand their legal responsibility to maintain confidentiality and follow practice procedures to ensure this.
- We use high-quality specialist dental software to record and use your personal information safely and effectively.
- Only for the purposes of your treatment, it may be necessary to share your information with a third-party provider such as a dental laboratory. Please note some of the companies we work with are based outside of the UK. Data protection agreements are in place, but do not come under the EU GDPR regulations.
- It is a legal requirement that we keep your records for 11 years after the date of your last visit to the practice or until you reach the age of 25 years, whichever is the longer.
- We may send marketing communications to you as an existing patient about relevant Queensway services we think you may be interested in, as well as competitions and the latest news. However we will always give you the opportunity to opt-out or unsubscribe from these communications if you wish.
- Our data protection officer, Dr Paul Howlett, ensures that the practice complies with data protection requirements to collect, use, store and dispose of your information responsibly.