Dr Uzma Olbrich
BDS (Ncl), Dip SED, KOIS Graduate
GDC Number: 71858
Uzma qualified from Newcastle Dental School in 1996. She completed her general professional training at Newcastle Dental Hospital before joining Queensway as a full time associate in 1998. She has a special interest in Advanced restorative dentistry and cosmetic dentistry, and has attended many courses to supplement this interest.
“I love being a dentist. I enjoy the science and engineering concepts behind the different materials and various techniques we use, but mostly I love the artistry involved in making my work as natural and aesthetically pleasing as possible.
I love meeting people, and building strong relationships. Through good communication, an understanding of what my patients want from their dental care and a strong understanding of what is professionally possible, enables us to move forward towards the same long-term dental goals.
After working at Queensway for many years, calming, anxiety free dentistry is an essential part of my patient management.
Ongoing education is at the forefront of my practice. I believe in attending courses, which directly benefit my patients.”
Uzma stays at the forefront of dentistry by gaining knowledge from leading British and International dental experts. In November 2014 Uzma graduated from the Kois Center, in Seattle after an extensive study programme with one of America’s most influential dentists, Dr John Kois. This eight module programme follows some clear protocols for managing more challenging and complex dental care. The Kois Center mission statement is “Enabling motivated dentists to achieve extraordinary levels, expanding knowledge and application skills in restorative dentistry.”
- June 2013: Aesthetic Composite Masterclass. Lorenzo Vanini, Lake Como, Italy.
- March 2013: Biomechanics I and II. John Kois, Kois Center, Seattle, USA.
- March 2013: Restorative/Periodontal Interface. John Kois, Kois Center, Seattle, USA.
- September 2012: Tooth Whitening Symposium. Linda Greenwall, London, UK.
- April 2012: Treatment Planning and Occlusion. John Kois, Kois Center, Seattle, USA.
- January 2011: Edelweiss Composite Veneers. Hands On Course. Stephan Lampl, Optident, Ilkley, UK.
- April 2009: Invisalign® Provider Programme.
- August 2007 - August 2009: Certificate Restorative Aesthetic Dentistry. Dominic Hassel, University Central Lancashire, UK.
- January 2004 - January 2005: Certificate Restorative Dentistry. Michael Wise, London, UK.
- 2000 - 2001: Diploma in Conscious Sedation.